Education and Outreach Page
Alongside our stunning concerts, Absolute Classics works throughout Dumfries and Galloway to bring new, exciting and innovative educational opportunities for local young people – a programme we call
Our Absolute My Music projects to date have been a huge success where we have provided opportunities for over 1000 under 26’s each year through a range of activities including: 1-2-1 tuition for young musicians with internationally renowned artists, group workshops and performances in local primary and secondary schools, intensive professional residencies and composition projects that focus on writing music for interactive media such as video games, film and animations.
Please visit our Absolute My Music page for full details of the programme activities which have included:
- A week-long course in video games composition, audio production and integration that will take place at The Stove in central Dumfries
- Traineeships where local young people will have the opportunity to be mentored by and shadow our range of creative and technical professionals.
- 1-2-1 Masterclasses with the international visiting musicians during our annual festivals.
- A Mental Health Awareness Workshop for young people called Creating Stories Through Soundscapes that uses music and sound to explore personal mental fitness, which was piloted at the Edinburgh’s Fringe Central Events Programme.
- Workshops and performances in primary and secondary schools across the region with a range of different musicians throughout the academic year.
- An innovative and interactive games music concert experience called IMMERSE that will showcase the young people’s compositions from all our projects, performed by the Tinderbox Orchestra in the heart of Glasgow at the Centre for Contemporary Art on Sunday, 11th More details and tickets will be available soon from our dedicated IMMERSE webpage.
For more details or to take part in any of our Absolute My Music activities, please email our Education Coordinator – Narelle Freeman at email@example.com.